The Executive hopes that by the time you are getting ready for the upcoming general meeting the last snow has completely disappeared and spring has fully arrived!
Here are a few housekeeping items that need attention:
- A special thank you goes to Brenda Halstead for organizing all the food for our last outing, the light painting session at Wakamow. Another big thank you goes to Myrna Forge for booking the venue, arranging for the fire permit and helping with set up and clean up. Thanks to all other volunteers for hanging lights, stoking the fire, ensuring the fire was safely put out at the end, bringing the supplies for light painting and providing the arm strength for create amazing light painting opportunities.
- At the April 4th meeting please pick up your prints from the Mono-Chrome show at Carol’s. We have a stack of mounted prints taking up space in our cupboard at the Cosmo Centre. Please make arrangements for a friend/fellow club member to pick up your images if you cannot make it to the meetings.
- The theme for sharing your images for April is Animals. Please bring up to five images on a labeled USB drive and hand it to Vaughn before the meeting.
- Our speaker for the April meeting is Stefan Litster, a pilot from Wing 15. He was recently featured on CBC. Myrna has contacted Stefan and we plan to host him and his large format wooden camera at the meeting.
- A mini-tradeshow is scheduled for members. There are six participants so far, if you provide a photography related service please email <email@example.com> so we can reserve a table for you. Please arrive 20 – 30 minutes prior to the meeting to set up your display.
- We have a detailed description of what is happening at our first retreat in July in Muenster. A new page is dedicated to all the information pertaining to this event. Here is the link for your convenience. We have six participants confirmed, the retreat is capped at 12 for an optimal learning experience for all.
- May brings elections for the Moose Jaw Camera Club Executive. We will be looking for nominations for the Treasurer position. Please contact Brenda <firstname.lastname@example.org> if you have questions, would like to volunteer for any of the subcommittees (especially the workshop and programming committee) or are interested in the Treasurer position.
We look forward to seeing you at the general meeting on April 4th.
Do you have photographic equipment for sale? Here is the photography-equipment-for-sale-template you can download, fill in and bring to the meeting for distribution.