Christmas shopping has begun… keep reading: We have a number of items that might have to find a place on your list or, even better, under your tree this year!
Attended the last meeting? Great! Those of you who had to miss it, here is your chance to catch up on what happened:
We received the PRPA Everest entries throughout the evening. Thank you to those who selected images and submitted.
Jeff Shilling out programme coordinator did an awesome job presenting the High Key – Low Key hands on segment. Thank you, Jeff!
Announcements took some time to share. Here is a summary in short form:
– Vaughn Taylor won for Moose Jaw in the World Wide Photo Walk 2016 Competition. Congratulations, Vaughn.
– Jerry Stevens was introduced as the new MJCC Face Book Moderator. Jerry settled right in and is doing an awesome job keeping us all interested and checking the site often. Keep up the great work, Jerry!
– A quick count was conducted to see if MJCC members are interested in the PRPA 2017 Outing in Canmore, AB
– MJCC will participate in this year’s FotoFun Event. for details, keep reading!
– Jessie Zoerb took the floor for a few minutes to make club members aware of Help Portrait 2016 in Moose Jaw. Volunteers are still needed – check the Help Portrait Facebook page for more information.
– Rob Harden shared info about PhotoQuest 2017 organized by GoT (Group of Ten in Assiniboia). More info will be posted in the future.
– Special reminder: Please adjust your calendar for the meeting date change in December. One time only we are meeting on December 12th (the second Monday!). This is a one time only change of date!
Our second presentation covered favourite gadgets, lenses and other photographic equipment. We thought it might be helpful when coming out for a Special Shopping Night at Wells Camera and Sound on Main Street on November 15th from 7 – 9 pm. This is an event for active club members only! Please make an effort to support this local business – there will be a special presentation on the printing services Wells has to offer, specials are also in effect
Cath Sinclair brought us some awesome gadgets to check out. Here are the details:
– Cathy loves her Eezy Strap.
– She also shared her Western Digital My Passport wireless external hard-drive which is something to consider when traveling. SD cards can be inserted directly into the hard drive and images are downloaded instantly. Here is a link to latest the product version. – The most oooohs and aaaahs were noticed when Cath introduced us to the Goal Zero Nomad 7 Solar Charger. Check it out and see why we all perked up!
Kelly Wiens shared his favourite lens, a Sigma Macro 105 mm with internal stabilizer.
And Rob reminded all of us to invest in a sound external hard drive to back up all our precious files! He also pointed out to stay away from 3 TB drives as they tend to fail more often!
Last but not least: All about FotoFun
Our club has been invited to participate in FotoFun, a friendly annual competition between Saskatchewan Camera Clubs to foster friendship and support. A show of hands indicated that interest exists.
Please send ONE jpg image to Rob Harden email@example.com by December 1st.
Label the image with title_your name_MJCC.jpg (for example: SnowballFight_JaneDoe_MJCC.jpg)
The only stipulation is that the image must have been captured in Saskatchewan and cannot have been manipulated with photo soft ware. Any subject matter goes: Wildlife, landscape, skyscape, architecture, macro, nature, etc.
Don’t forget to send the image to Rob Harden by December 1st!